Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums & free downloads.

Photo
- - - - -
ALBUM

Miles Kane 2nd Album 'Don't Forget Who You Are'

Miles Kane

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
331 replies to this topic

#161 Dangranger92

Dangranger92

Last Shadow Puppet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

Miles Kane - Don't Forget Who You Are Artwork
attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1366382808897.jpg

cool, I like it!

He's related to the Skelly's isn't he? of The Coral ?

#162 twinette

twinette

Last Shadow Puppet

• Moderators
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

cool, I like it!

He's related to the Skelly's isn't he? of The Coral ?

James and Ian are his cousins :)

@Pink_Ego_Boxxx

"Test results prove inconclusive, As to whether your world is round, Mine is a Rubik's cube"
"Parce que le temps s'est arrêté, on vit dans l'absence..."

#163 Inhaler

Inhaler

Give Up

• Administrators
  • 4,143 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

Last night, April 29, Miles Kane played an intimate Plugged In Session to 20 lucky competition fans at the Rook & Raven Gallery in Soho.

Original Penguin Plugged In sees a return of the popular live music sessions, which made their debut in 2012 with
a series of gigs. With a change in direction, the sessions now take on a more intimate feel, with fans the main focus and based on last nightʼs reaction this went down a storm!

The event, which kicked off just after 7pm, was shot in the gallery basement and was the singerʼs most intimate gig yet.
Fans were treated to 3 singles from the musician who performed a new track titled 'Taking Over' which is set to appear on the new album 'Don't Forget Who You Are' released on June 3rd.

The title track from the album was very well received and is bound to be a festival favourite this summer. Miles also performed 2011 track ʻRearrangeʼ from his debut solo album ʻColour of The Trapʼ.

Miles himself said, 'Thanks to everyone at Original Penguin Plugged In for setting this up ' itʼs great to be a part of these new sessions and I look forward to seeing the results'.

Last nightʼs Plugged In session with Miles is set to be one of a number of sessions that Original Penguin will be rolling out in the coming months. Fans can stay up to date on all further acts by heading to the Plugged In website. As well as the sessions, the site houses a host of music and lifestyle content including style reports, playlists and much more, check all of this exciting content on originalpenguinpluggedin.com

To see the collection: originalpenguin.co.uk
  • Julia likes this

Follow me on Twitter @carlmelville1

#164 Marine280395

Marine280395

Night Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

Only 20? It was a very intimate show so. Lucky people

99510281.gif

Miles @ Nuits Botanique 09/05/13 

Miles @ L'Ancienne Belgique 26/10/13

Miles @ Lokerse Feesten 04/08/14

Tumblr

Last FM

#165 Inhaler

Inhaler

Give Up

• Administrators
  • 4,143 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

Only 20? It was a very intimate show so. Lucky people

only 3 songs though.

#166 Boris-GuitarHero

Boris-GuitarHero

Last Shadow Puppet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

You already can in the UK http://bit.ly/Ya7rGV

I don't think I can buy things on amazon UK by France 

#167 Inhaler

Inhaler

Give Up

• Administrators
  • 4,143 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

DFWYA Video

• twinette and pascale like this

#168 Marine280395

Marine280395

Night Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

I bet this is gonna be a hit single :D

• pascale likes this

99510281.gif

Tumblr

Last FM

#169 Inhaler

Inhaler

Give Up

• Administrators
  • 4,143 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

INTERVIEW: Miles Kane
We get to know the most stylish man in rock 'n' roll a bit better...

From storming the alternative scene in 2007 on lead vocals in the The Rascals to collaborating with friend and musical soul mate Artic Monkeys frontman Alex Turner in The Last of the Shadow Puppets to eventually releasing his debut solo album ‘Colour of the Trap’ it appears that there’s not much that Liverpudlian sing-songwriter Miles Kane can’t do.
With a string of successes and catchy tunes all with a nod to sixties swing and the Mod revival his new musical offering has everyone feeling keen.

The most stylish man in Rock’n’Roll is about to release his second solo studio album the hugely personal and direct, ‘Don’t forget who you are’. The Scouse songbird is down to earth in every sense and this is reflected in his new tracks.
I caught up with Miles for a chat about the new album, taking inspiration from his working class roots and swapping styling tips with Paul Weller.

Why did you decide to call the new album, ‘Don’t forget who you are’?
Have you seen the album cover? It’s me standing in front of my mum and aunt’s stall where they work in Liverpool market. They still work there now and it’s been going for years. I wanted to reflect where I’d come from, and obviously that feeds into the title – it’s important to stay connected with your past, and it’s cool to look back and see how far you’ve come.
Plus, I like the contrast between the working-class market and me standing their looking sharp in a suit. Like, if you look at old pictures of George Best, wearing a fur coat and going back to his hometown –it’s a really stark contrast. Me mum and aunt are chuffed to be in the background, it’s a really cool image.

Describe the sound of this album – how does it differ from the first?
There’s a really positive vibe on this album man. It’s big and it’s upbeat. The whole process was filled with energy and positivity and we’ve got some great tracks from that. The album is definitely personal to me, the lyrics are about my life, where I’ve been, what I’ve been through.
We’ve built a good connection with the fans now and I wanted to give something back, something exciting and something really cool man. The working class references I guess make it relatable and it shows how you can’t be held back. Ian Broudie produced it and we worked really well together –we had a groove man.
We wanted to have the drums and bass very big and recorded live. There’s a couple of romantic songs, a bit of fun and a bit of anger – sometimes you just wana say F**k you, you know? I can’t wait to get it out there.

You’re a bit of fashion icon in the realms of Rock’n’Roll – you love the Mod and sixties vibe – how did you get into that?
I guess it started off growing up in Liverpool, hearing The Beatles, seeing them in their suits. Then from there it just grew. I got into the Mod music – The Small Face, Motown – people like the Four Tops, people like that and the style comes with it I guess. It’s a sharp look and an iconic look and I guess I just like it.

So you are a bit of a Mod – how was it to meet King of the Mods, Paul Weller?
It was great he is a lovely guy and obviously a bit of an idol of mine. We had been doing and few shows and radio shows and we initially spoke about style as we like similar stuff. He’d heard me talk about a French singer called Jacques DuTronc and he showed me a book with a photo of him in a really smart jacket and said, ‘you like this guy don’t you?’ and from there we became mates – then people started saying we were recording together and there was a bit of buzz so we were like, ‘we should probably do this?’ As the buzz grew we thought, ‘this better work well’ and luckily it did.
We wrote a few songs together – they came really naturally and ended up being great tunes. Track ‘You’re gonna get it’ is a top tune and ended up writing it really quickly and in the moment - I like it when that happens, when it just all comes together you know it’s right. It’s a pleasure to work with Paul and call him a mate – he said he liked my stuff and what I’d been doing and obviously I’m a fan of his and that’s where it all started.

If you had to pick, do you have a favourite tune from the album?
That’s a tough one, obviously I’m proud of them all and I think there’s so great tunes. I think the sentiment of the track ‘Don’t forget who you are – the lyrics’, ‘we won’t let our worries dictate who we are’ were a great realisation for me and I think it’s a good vibe and message for the album. ‘Out of Control’ and ‘Darkness in our hearts’ are great tunes too.

Miles Kane is set to release his second solo LP 'Don't Forget Who You Are' on June 3.

- Emily Stockham

• Julia and pascale like this

#170 Inhaler

Inhaler

Give Up

• Administrators
  • 4,143 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

Miles Kane
As he prepares to release his second album, Miles Kane talks to Andy Welch about proving his doubters wrong

POOR Miles Kane is full of cold. Not that he can afford to stay in bed dosed up on Lemsip, because there’s the small matter of an album release to prepare for.

“What with photoshoots, interviews, promo and rehearsals for the tour, I haven’t got much time to feel sorry for myself,” he says, all bunged up.

“It’s great to be back working and so busy, though. I’m buzzing and hopefully I can just forget about being ill.”

Don’t Forget Who You Are is what’s taking his mind off the sniffles. It’s his second album, the follow- up to his solo debut Colour Of The Trap which was released in May 2011.

The album peaked at No 11 in the charts, which might not sound much, but considering it was released in a time when Sixties-inspired guitar music such as his was about as unfashionable as it had been for years, it was bordering on a small miracle.

“It feels very different this time around,” he says.

“It’s more of a confident, direct record. Everything I experienced and the level we got to with Colour Of The Trap has given me a real foundation to build on.

“It feels so solid. I’ve never gone into a record knowing what I want so much. I wanted to make a Friday night record, something you put on before you go out.”

If the Wirral lad has one eye on where he might end up, he’s not forgetting his roots. He says the album’s title serves as much as a reminder for himself as anyone buying it.

“That’s my mum’s butcher’s shop on the cover,”

he says. “That’s her market stall in Liverpool. In the picture you can see her working, with my aunty in the background. I used to work there as a kid.”

After starting out in The Little Flames and moving on to The Rascals, before becoming more widely known as part of Last Shadow Puppets, with good friend Alex Turner of Arctic Monkeys, Kane is finally achieving the level of success he dreamed of.

For a time, he was labelled as “Alex Turner’s mate” and when it came to releasing his first solo album there were those who thought his own work wouldn’t amount to much. “We went from tiny gigs, playing to 80 people up and down the country, to decent-sized venues quite quickly, because I stuck at it and won people over.

“If there were any doubters then, hopefully, I showed them with the success of the first album.

With this second album, I should seal the deal.”

For now, with Kane’s album in the offing and another Arctic Monkeys album due before the end of the year, the side project remains on the back burner.

At first it seemed the hiatus was simply down to two busy schedules not allowing the time to write and record it. Now, five years on, it might be a brilliant long-game marketing strategy.

“I’ve been answering the question about another album with Al for the past five years,” he says, “and I know it’s a sign of affection. The thing is, the longer we leave it, the more people seem to want it, so maybe we’ll leave it for years and years. Whenever we hit it again, it’ll be really special.”

TOUR DATES: May 5 – Sunderland Independent, May 6 – Middlesbrough Empire, May 14 – The Duch

#171 Marine280395

Marine280395

Night Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

Thanks for these interviews Inhaler :)

99510281.gif

Tumblr

Last FM

#172 whitefluffyclouds

whitefluffyclouds

Come Closer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

Was fortunate enough to see Miles play last night... on his usual top energetic form and all the new songs sounds fab. 

I especially enjoyed "Out of Control".. the new Colour of the Trap maybe?

I found a video on youtube of it from the show in Belgium the other day.. there is also videos of a few of the other new tracks too if anyone hadn't seen..

• twinette and Julia like this

#173 Julia

Julia

Last Shadow Puppet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • LocationDüsseldorf, Germany

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

This is a really wonderful song. I can't wait for the album!

• whitefluffyclouds likes this

#174 Marine280395

Marine280395

Night Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

Was fortunate enough to see Miles play last night... on his usual top energetic form and all the new songs sounds fab. 

I especially enjoyed "Out of Control".. the new Colour of the Trap maybe?

I found a video on youtube of it from the show in Belgium the other day.. there is also videos of a few of the other new tracks too if anyone hadn't seen..

I agree, that's definitely the new "Colour Of The Trap"!

99510281.gif

Tumblr

Last FM

#175 Inhaler

Inhaler

Give Up

• Administrators
  • 4,143 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:33 AM

SHARP-dressed rocker Miles Kane pays tribute to his mum Pauline on his new album Don’t Forget Who You Are.

The cover is of Miles at his mum’s Liverpool butcher’s shop.

Miles, 27, told me: “I can look back and think how proud my mum is of that cover. She made amazing ham sandwiches for everyone on the photo shoot. But I should charge her 10% of her future profits for all that free publicity.”

Miles plays a JD Roots gig in Liverpool tonight.

Source http://www.dailystar...th-album-cover/

#176 Marine280395

Marine280395

Night Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

SHARP-dressed rocker Miles Kane pays tribute to his mum Pauline on his new album Don’t Forget Who You Are.

The cover is of Miles at his mum’s Liverpool butcher’s shop.

Miles, 27, told me: “I can look back and think how proud my mum is of that cover. She made amazing ham sandwiches for everyone on the photo shoot. But I should charge her 10% of her future profits for all that free publicity.”

Miles plays a JD Roots gig in Liverpool tonight.

Source http://www.dailystar...th-album-cover/

It's so cute <3

99510281.gif

Tumblr

Last FM

#177 MrBushido

MrBushido

Last Shadow Puppet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

Free tracks of the SARM Studio ...

Great ... but why only available in the UK ?   :(

Edited by MrBushido, 15 May 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#178 Marine280395

Marine280395

Night Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

Great ... but why only available in the UK ?   :(

Yeah, why?  :wacko:

99510281.gif

Tumblr

Last FM

#179 Inhaler

Inhaler

Give Up

• Administrators
  • 4,143 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

Great ... but why only available in the UK ? :(

Yeah, why? :wacko:

Will ask and I will see of we can distribute it here if possible. :)

EDIT : Email sent, will let you know when I get a reply

• pascale and MrBushido like this

#180 MrBushido

MrBushido

Last Shadow Puppet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

Will ask and I will see of we can distribute it here if possible. :)

EDIT : Email sent, will let you know when I get a reply

Thanks a lot, I hope that they will agree !  ^_^

• Inhaler likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ALBUM, Miles Kane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users