Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums & free downloads.

Photo

Kasabian

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#1 Inhaler

Inhaler

Give Up

• Administrators
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:04 PM

Any Kasabian fans here

Kasabian are an English rock band who formed in Leicestershire in 1999.

Originally comprising vocalist Tom Meighan, guitarist and keyboardist Christopher Karloff, guitarist and backing vocalist Sergio Pizzorno and bassist Chris Edwards, the band have released three studio albums – Kasabian (2004), Empire (2006) and West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum (2009). The band currently features Meighan, Pizzorno, Edwards, drummer Ian Matthews and former touring guitarist Jay Mehler who became a full-time member in late 2010. Pizzorno has also taken over as Kasabian's lead songwriter since Karloff's departure.

• Mara_in_Fabula likes this

Follow me on Twitter @carlmelville1

#2 twinette

twinette

Last Shadow Puppet

• Moderators
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:47 PM

Here ! :-)
i've seen them last year ass upport of Muse at the stade de france and last month in a french festival...
i really want to see a "real" gig of them (i mean, without other band)...Really great band !!
@Pink_Ego_Boxxx

"Test results prove inconclusive, As to whether your world is round, Mine is a Rubik's cube"
"Parce que le temps s'est arrêté, on vit dans l'absence..."

#3 Inhaler

Inhaler

Give Up

• Administrators
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:37 PM

Here ! :-)
i've seen them last year ass upport of Muse at the stade de france and last month in a french festival...
i really want to see a "real" gig of them (i mean, without other band)...Really great band !!

Yeah ive seen them a couple of times supporting Oasis and at Glastonbury but i have tickets to see them on thier own tour in Sheffield in December!

#4 twinette

twinette

Last Shadow Puppet

• Moderators
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:21 PM

they come to Paris in november but i'm already going to paris and bordeaux to see miles so i think i can't do this one...maybe they'll do more dates in france :)

I don't really know when their next album'll be release...is there a date or we don't know ???
@Pink_Ego_Boxxx

"Test results prove inconclusive, As to whether your world is round, Mine is a Rubik's cube"

#5 Inhaler

Inhaler

Give Up

• Administrators
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:06 PM

they come to Paris in november but i'm already going to paris and bordeaux to see miles so i think i can't do this one...maybe they'll do more dates in france :)

I don't really know when their next album'll be release...is there a date or we don't know ???

19th sept

http://www.nme.com/news/kasabian/57143

#6 twinette

twinette

Last Shadow Puppet

• Moderators
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:24 PM

oh great news !! So Miles and Kasabian on the same day...ok i'm really going to be poor :-)
@Pink_Ego_Boxxx

#7 This Charming Man

This Charming Man

Last Shadow Puppet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

Love their new songs too! Great band, seen them on their last tour in Nottingham, seeing them later in the year in Nottingham too! Very good live!
I decree today that life , Is simply taking and not giving, England is mine, it owes me a living ♫

#8 Inhaler

Inhaler

Give Up

• Administrators
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:11 PM

Just got the new album - its erm quite a different sound again :)

#9 twinette

twinette

Last Shadow Puppet

• Moderators
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:17 PM

i've just listened the new album and at the first listen it's sound very good !!!

i love this song :

@Pink_Ego_Boxxx

#10 Julia

Julia

Last Shadow Puppet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts
  • LocationDüsseldorf, Germany

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:16 PM

it's not available anymore

#11 twinette

twinette

Last Shadow Puppet

• Moderators
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

raaaahhhhhhhh sh@@@...that's so stupid, the album is out in some country and available on the net :rolleyes:

anyway, you can hear the all album LEGALY here : http://www.guardian....or-album-stream
@Pink_Ego_Boxxx

#12 ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid

Last Shadow Puppet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:18 AM

gonna have to let this album grow on me, not convinced at the mo

#13 Inhaler

Inhaler

Give Up

• Administrators
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:22 AM

gonna have to let this album grow on me, not convinced at the mo

Yeah its certainly different i dont think they should have put those two slow love songs back to back though.

#14 Tom8

Tom8

Last Shadow Puppet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:03 AM

I remember them saying in an interview this album was going to be "Heavy as fuck" I have no idea where this album is heavy.

7 out of 10, bland and inoffensive. Not bad, not great.

#15 Inhaler

Inhaler

Give Up

• Administrators
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

I remember them saying in an interview this album was going to be "Heavy as fuck" I have no idea where this album is heavy.

7 out of 10, bland and inoffensive. Not bad, not great.

Would agree with that seems most bands i like seem to be producing average material currently.

#16 Julia

Julia

Last Shadow Puppet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts
  • LocationDüsseldorf, Germany

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

The song is good, I like the voice. Maybe I should listen to more of them. What songs should I listen to??

#17 Rearrange

Rearrange

Last Shadow Puppet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationFrance, Lyon.

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:21 PM

I just know some songs of Kasabian, but i'm in love with "Shoot the runner" and their new album. Which songs do you prefer, which album? :)

#18 twinette

twinette

Last Shadow Puppet

• Moderators
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:43 AM

The song is good, I like the voice. Maybe I should listen to more of them. What songs should I listen to??

Among the most famous, you should listen LSF, Shoot the runner, empire, fire, underdog

here you've got an NME article on their "ten best songs"...http://www.nme.com/n...s/1183374281001

ok it's the NME, and it's their personnal opinion, but it gives you an idea :)

My favorite Kasabian's song is "Thick as thieves" (on the 3rd album). i really like Fast fuse too.

and on the last album, it's "la fée verte"...
@Pink_Ego_Boxxx

#19 Inhaler

Inhaler

Give Up

• Administrators
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:52 PM

Personally i think 'The West Rider Pauper Lunatic Asylum' is the best album, my fave off that album is probably 'Underdog' on the new album i really like 'Goodbye Kiss' looking forward to hearing 'Switchblade Smiles' live though!

#20 This Charming Man

This Charming Man

Last Shadow Puppet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:15 PM

I enjoy all their material although i think their albums are always lacking in a set of complete amazing tracks, i always feel with Kasabian that only about half of songs on each album are that good. However an amazing live band!
I decree today that life , Is simply taking and not giving, England is mine, it owes me a living ♫

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users